Monday, June 19, 2006

Sun Blockers Beware!!

Just a quick warning.......I always use sunblock on my children, this time it did not pay off! Don't get me wrong, no one got sunburned but we did end up at the hospital! The day before we left the beach we spent most of one day out on the beach. Needless to say we rubbed down with sun block very well.

About two weeks before our trip, I purchased a 12oz. bottle of Coppertone Sport 30spf. . Something in this sunblock caused a severe allergic reaction with my oldest child. After trying everything within our means we ended up with a child in misery at the hospital looking for help.
The doctor said it was definitely a reaction to the sun block and prescribed a steroid and a really strong antihistamine.

As of today, my son feels much better, the rash is going away, and I am dealing with Coppertone. So beware, have a couple of sunblocks to choose from just in case of a problem.

Also, do not hesitate to contact your sunblock brand if there is a problem and save the bottle of sunblock because they will want that. I am having to send my bottle back to them.

Good luck blocking!!

No comments: